The roots of Greenology run deep and strong: Our vision for a better world, our methods and ideas for achieving a healthy balance between urban living and nature, and what drives us to do what we do.
Our cohesive team comprises a diverse group of individuals, each bringing a unique set of skills and perspectives to the table. Among us, you’ll find passionate botanists, dedicated horticulturists, innovative engineers, creative designers, and ardent nature lovers.
United by a shared commitment to environmental sustainability and propelled by a collective green conscience, we are driven to make a positive impact on our surroundings.
Our First Greenologist
Armed with a BSc degree in Botany, Chief Greenologist Veera Sekaran set out on his horticultural career working around the world. Back home, his expertise can be seen in the landscaping at Mandai Orchid Garden, the Singapore Zoo, Night Safari and Changi Airport. After a stint as the Assistant Director at National Parks Board, Veera set up Greenology in 2008 to pursue his passion in urban greening.
Notable appointments and accolades:
- Assistant Curator of Horticulture for Singapore Zoo and Night Safari
- Curator of Horticulture at Changi Airport
- Assistant Director at National Parks Board (NParks)
- Temasek Advisor for Mandai Park Development
- Straits Times Singaporean of the Year 2019 Finalist
- SICCI DBS Singapore Entrepreneur Awards 2018 – Promising Indian
Entrepreneur of the Year
- Ambassador for Passion Made Possible (STB-EDB National Campaign), 2017 / 18
- Singapore-Indian Entrepreneur Award – Overall Award, 2018
- One of 5 Singaporeans whose inspiring stories were featured in NDP 2018
- NUS Faculty of Science – Outstanding Science Alumni Award, 2014